Funding for ROMP rotations is provided by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (MOHLTC).
|Level of Training||Time Spent in Community||Qualified Funding|
|Pre-clerk||Four Weeks or More||None|
|Clerks and Residents||One to six blocks||Travel and Accommodation|
|Clerks and Residents||Seven blocks or longer||None|
|Clerks and Residents||Less than Four Weeks||None|
Funding for placements with the Rural Ontario Medical Program is provided by the Government of Ontario, Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (MOHLTC), Human Resources Branch. According to the MOHLTC guidelines, ROMP administers these funds to participating learners in participating communities.
Important Funding Guidelines:
***PLEASE NOTE: The following policies are effective January 1, 2017***
1. The Rural Ontario Medical Program is open to all health professional learners. Current program funding is open to qualifying Ontario Medical Students and Residents.
2. Distributed Campus: ROMP will not fund rotations in distributed campus communities such as Kitchener-Waterloo, Mississauga and St. Catharines
3. Learners are eligible for ROMP funding when they participate in rotations that are between one and seven blocks in duration. Each block must be at least 4 weeks long to be eligible for funding.
4. ROMP will only fund rotations that are a result of an online application that is received 8 weeks prior to the rotations start date. As there are a limited number of opportunities available, these will be awarded on the basis of first-come, first served (once a match has been determined).
5. Online applications for summer electives and ROMP Week will have specific time frames when applications must be submitted during application window: January 16th, 2017 0001 hours to February 16th, 2017 2359 hours.
6. Learners must adhere to travel and accommodation policies. ROMP funding will reimburse travel expenses to the community as per the ROMP Travel Policy, as well as accommodation expenses based on the criteria outlined in the ROMP Accommodation Policy. Please carefully read through both policies located below to ensure accurate completion of your Travel and Accommodation Claim submissions.
7. ROMP will support rotations in the following specialty areas:
- Family Medicine
- General Surgery
- General Internal Medicine
- General Pediatrics
- General Psychiatry
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Emergency Medicine
- Diagnostic Radiology
ROMP Travel and Accommodation Policy
- Introduction to the Travel and Accommodation Policy (Funding Guidelines)
- Travel Policy
- Accommodation Policy
- Submission of Expense Forms and Reimbursement Procedures
- Clinical Clerk Expense Claim Form
- Resident Expense Claim Form
- Medical Student and Clerk Rotation Evaluation
- Resident Rotation Evaluation
- Calendar of Educational Activity
Other Important Funding Documents